Monday, April 23, 2007

Poison: KGB men? Noooo.

If proven to be orchestrated by the Kremlin, the Litvinenko poisoning is just another in a long line of (increasingly) brazen acts by the Russian government to stifle dissent at home and abroad. I recently read that a friend of Litvenenko's in the US was mysteriously murdered recently as well. (correct me if I'm wrong on that)

Regarding Litvenenko, the evidence is pointing to the KGB and then to "you know Pu." Read about it here. If I got it right, the plutonium was on them, and on the planes they traveled on to and from the UK. So there's a good chance they've got something to do with it. As KGB they had motive as Litvenenko was anti-Kremlin and making threats. The idea that Berezovsky was behind it is very, very weak.


Fact is, the Russians are holding a great hand (energy resources). They have smacked Ukraine, Georgia, Belarus and even Western Europe with nicely timed gas cuts in an effort (at least in part) to flex some muscle. Muscle that the have and are building.
continuing...

BTW as I'm living now in the former Soviet Union for 15 years, I'll be following the region.

No comments: