Sunday, May 6, 2007

Imus and Free Speech

Pat Morrison from LA Times has a nice Op-Ed piece HERE,
talking about how "Two journalists who questioned Bush's leadership weeks after the attacks lost their jobs and faced threats."

And the nail is hit hard here by Dan Rather, the much-hated patriot.

The Kicker: Rather says: "It is an obscene comparison - you know I am not sure I like it - but you know there was a time in South Africa that people would put flaming tyres around people's necks if they dissented. And in some ways the fear is that you will be necklaced here, you will have a flaming tyre of lack of patriotism put around your neck. Now it is that fear that keeps journalists from asking the toughest of the tough questions, and to continue to bore in on the tough questions so often. And again, I am humbled to say, I do not except myself from this criticism."

No comments: