Saturday, May 19, 2007

Wonkette's day, My Day

Wonkette's Day: I saw James Carville at the Cosi at 2nd and Penn SE around 3pm [5/14]. A staffer type asked for a picture together with him (he obliged), but far more entertaining was overhearing pieces of the conversation he was having with his young and attractive companion. The best line was “even if you run two child molesters, one of them will still win the election”.

My Day: Went to Maksat's corner grocery and bought some potatoes. Vladimir was visibly drunk, buying a couple shots of vodka. Maksat had put in a new fridge with some cold imported beers in it.

Wonkette's Day: I just saw Chris Matthews in the Dirksen Cafeteria, getting a 1/4 platter of Rotisserie Chicken. I didn’t recognize him at first, because his trademark blue and white striped shirt was rolled up well above the elbow, and he is much taller than expected (he also must have a great make-up team over at MSNBC). I recognized the distinctive voice though as he thanked the server, and also as he walked away singing fairly audibly to himself.

My Day: I just saw Nadia outside sawing a branch or two of her tree that was hanging into our yard. She told me that Stas' mom was having a hard time after Stas had strangled his father. Now Stas was in jail and she was all alone.

Wonkette's Day: Saw Newt Gingrich giving an interview [5/15] in front of the News Corp building in Manhattan. A brother hollered at him and Gingrich acknowledged him and waved because he apparently cares about black people despite the fact he’s running for President as a Republican

My Day: Wanted to mow the lawn but it was raining.


No comments: